Monday, June 30, 2008

My personal goals for this week

1. Attitude and Spiritual Health: Smile a lot more. Greet my family with a happy heart! Read scriptures and pray EVERY morning.

2. Exercise: Go to karate twice. I have to make a way... paying and not going is just not cutting it! Also, walk one mile on 3 separate days.

3. Education: Read and mark the remainder of "Fasting and Eating for Health."

4. Eat for Health: Do healthy grocery shopping! I guess the plan is to trade a few greenbacks for a few green leaves! I want to try at least one new food this week. How about an artichoke? I've never bought one before. I can steam that, right? If you have a good recipe, send it my way!

5. Preparedness: Add to food storage. It was announced in church yesterday that a few families will be chosen to do a food storage challenge. They will use strictly food storage for one entire wee, without shopping. I could definitely be better prepared... I just have a feeling they are going to choose us! It would be really good if it was at least a mildly pleasant experience for the kids. I want them to see the need to get involved in being prepared... this would really help them! (Maybe I should volunteer!) (I did not just say that, did I?)

3 comments:

The Miller Family said...

I think those are great goals...I'm going to add the smiling more to my list!

Who came up with that preparedness challenge? That is really neat!

MomOnAMission said...

I left church early. My daughters told me the bishop announced that he was giving everyone a week to prepare to be prepared, I guess!

Jenn said...

I just looked at the Green Smoothie Girl site, and that seems pretty neat. Her new book sounds like what we need to step by step get healthy! How do those smoothies taste?

How close is the Eat to Live book and her concepts?