Monday, September 22, 2008

Just in need of a little encouragement here...

This week I tried 2 new recipes! Yay for me, right? 2 recipes in less than a week? At least for me, that's something to brag about! Here's the bad part: the food! They were terrible! I followed the directions to a "T", and they even resembled their magazine-picture-perfect counterparts, but they tasted nasty!

When we got out to eat, Joe-Z always likes to get something new. Me, I like to stick to the tried-and-true...and I'm never left disappointed! Joe-Z on the other hand...seems like he's barely ever happy with what he got and says he should've gotten what I did, LOL. This new recipe thing sounds an awful lot like our restaurant problem!

Has anyone else ever experienced this problem? I'm not one for trying new things, so maybe this is more common than I thought...do you have to try a certain number of recipes before you hit on a good one?

Please tell me I'm not the only one, unless I am...

4 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

oh, you are SO not alone...just the other night i tried to make this brocolli/chicken alfredo stuff and i tried the garlic alfredo sauce...GAG! and drew was so excited b/f he tasted it! lol

Stephanie said...

OH MY GOSH! yesterday was my sisters birthday and I tried to make these skewer things, I thought how easy, right? Cooking is so much harder that it seems. I am there with you. just keep trying.

Jenn said...

I think we have all come across recipes that just don't pan out. I hardly ever use a recipe, for good or for bad...I just taste it here and there and add whatever I think will make it taste good and it usually turns out okay! Although, I would never be able to do that when baking...that is a whole other monster!

Anyway, you are not alone:P

Olivia said...

Baking, I've got. I'm the queen of the cookie. Dinner, I've got a 50/50 shot at. The best recipes/meals I make are the ones I've been told/shown by other people. My friend Melissa's Meatloaf, Marquesas' Enchiladas (which, by the way, are fool-proof, anything is good in them, and they're cheap!) my grandmother's baked chicken, and Kate's shepherd's pie are staples for our house. So there's my recommendation, get dinner ideas from friends and get them to tell you what always turns out great. Sometimes I get lucky with a recipe, like the California rolls (yes, I am queen of the sushi too!) but usually it's better if someone else has tried it successfully.

Fai, on the other hand, can throw anything in a pot and it taste great. He just taught himself how to make fried rice...it tastes amazing, and he was just guessing! GRRRR...

I hate cooking.