Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Adois 2.6 lbs!

That's right folks...today was weigh-in day! 2.6 pounds gone, for a total of...drumroll please....7.2 pouinds in 5 weeks! As Levi would say, "Yessssssss"!

As far as reaching my goals, well...that's another story. To report:

1. I drank at least 6 bottles (or 12 8 oz glasses) of water each day, so I'm good there.
~Let me interject here that I used to hate water...wouldn't touch the stuff. So, now, for me to be able to say that all I drink is water (with the occasional glass of o.j. or a caffine-free mountain dew) is amazing to me! And inspiring. I'm already doing something I never thought possible, so I totally believe that a year from now, I can be exactly where I want to be health-wise (a.k.a. weight-wise)! ~

2. Walking was alright. I managed to walk for 20-30 minutes, 3 times last week. I had a good thing going, then we had tornado watches 2 nights in a row, and before I knew it, my good thing was gone! But, it did feel great walking those 3 times!

3. Same with the hula hoop game. I would do the game right after the walk, so when the walks went out the window, so did the hula hooping. ~Yes, I know you can play the Wii inside even if the weather is bad, the motivation just wasn't there!~ However, I did unlock the "super hula hoop" game, where my record still stands #1, even above Joe-Z!!!



So, for the upcoming week:


1. I know this is pretty lofty - I want to lose 2.8 pounds this week. I would really love to hit the 10 lb mark by the end of 6 weeks. I figure it's only .2 more to lose than I did this week, so a couple of extra walks and I should be good to go. Right...?

2. Keep drinking all that water. This week I'm shooting for at least 5 bottles a day. I was able to exceed that this past week, so I should be able to slack this week (due to this lovely strep throat I have somehow contracted and, hence, don't feel like drinking anything) and still get in 5.

3. Keep walking. This time I'll set a more realistic goal of 4 times. 15 minutes or more each time.

4. Keep hula hooping! My goal this week is once per day. I want to beat my previous high score by the end of this week.

5. Do the "full-body toning for beginners" workout provided by Weight Watchers. It's great - it can be either 25 or 50 minutes, and you do it right at home! And, while I would much rather be like Miss Gym-Hopper Marquesas, this sounds much more like my kinda workout!!!


Okay, I know this was long, but thanks for listening! I think it really does help when you know you have others out there cheerleading for you!! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

WOW! Good going Lindsey! That gives me motivation! Good luck this week, you can loose the 2.8 lbs you want to. Definately not an unrealistic goal! Good job on the water. I didn't used to drink it either...until I started and it made me feel wonderful. God knows best, right?

Mrs. Blimes said...

You ROCK!!!!!